Monday, April 28, 2008

Cafe Rio

Alright sticking with theme......I thought some of you might want to try these out. They are in fact "copy cat" recipes of Cafe Rio, a Utah favorite. I've tried the dressing, but alas, not the pork. Either way I hope you enjoy and I hope this isn't already on there.....it might be or have been, my bad.......PS we make tons of dressing and keep on hand to dip anything and everything in, my boys are big dippers!!!!

Creamy House Dressing
1 1/3 cups sour cream
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 bunch of cilantro
1 package ranch dressing mix
4 tbsp. salsa verde (green salsa)
2 cloves of garlic
1/8 tsp. Tabasco sauce
juice of one lime

Mix together in the blender... and that's it!

CAFE RIO PORK

1 cup Pace salsa
1 cup brown sugar
pork sirloin roast (about 3-4 lbs.)

Mix salsa and brown sugar together and pour over a pork roast.

Cook on low in crock pot 6-8 hours................ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

emily said...

I made both the pork and dressing on Sunday. Both were very tasty. We are especially loving the dressing - I used low-fat mayo and sour cream and it still tastes really yummy.