Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Bruschetta

2 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
2 T. olive oil
1 T. fresh oregano
1 t. fresh basil
2 t. fresh parsley
1/2 t. sugar
dash salt
1 clove garlic, minced
dash of balsamic vinegar

Mix everything together. Let sit in the fridge for at least an hour.

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Slice loaf of french bread and brush the tops with olive oil. Put the bread in the oven for five minutes. Remove bread from oven and top with bruschetta and parmesan cheese. Put back in the oven for another five minutes.

Any leftovers can be refrigerated and then reheated at 350 degrees for about 5-10 minutes.

Notes from e: Although it would probably be much better with fresh herbs, I couldn't justify the cost for something I thought only I would eat. So I used dried herbs. I use 1 t. of the dried oregano, 1/2 t. of dried basil, and 1 t. of the dried parsley. And it still tasted great.

No comments: