Saturday, April 18, 2009

Lemon Dream Ice Cream

1/3 of a 1 pound box graham crackers
1/3 cup sugar
5 tablespoons melted butter
½ gallon vanilla ice cream
6 oz frozen lemonade concentrate

1. Set the ice cream and lemonade on the counter to soften.
2. Crush the graham crackers into crumbs. In a bowl mix the graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter. Press the mixture firmly into a 9x13 inch pan.
3. Mix the ice cream and lemonade together until combined. Then spread the ice cream mixture over the graham cracker crust.
4. Put it in the freezer for a few hours until set.

Notes: I also sprinkle some graham crackers crumbs on top just as a garnish. I have also tried pink lemonade but I don’t like it as well.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Refrigerate or freeze after you prepare it? It seems like it would need to harden in the freezer? This sounds so good on a summer afternoon!

Becky Gale F. said...

FREEZE for sure! Thank you for catching that. You would have once soupy mess if you put it in the refrigerator. I'll fix that on the recipe.

Nathan Fowkes said...

MMMmmmm

Taste of Champaign said...

This is one of our family favorites I have been making for years. To make it simpler (I love simple!) I buy two pre-made graham cracker crusts and it actually makes two pies for us. I freeze them overnight and take one to a party or guests house and we still have on left in our freezer! It is one of the best and easiest summer desserts of all time!