Monday, November 10, 2008

Zucchini Soup



I can't express to you how many raves I get when I make this soup. It is hearty and delicious! My hubby doesn't care for zucchini, but I make it for my girlfriends. I went to a recipe swap and brought this, and everyone said this was the best!

3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. margarine
Melt in pot
Add:
1 medium clove garlic (1/2 tsp.)
2 medium onions, chopped (I leave this out b/c I don't like onions, put some onion salt in)
6-8 zucchini (chunks)
Saute till onions are clear. Add pre-cooked ground sausage (1 lb.) Cook 10 minutes.
Add:
2 (8oz) can tomato sauce
2 ( 15 oz) can of diced tomatoes
Simmer 15 minutes
Add:
4 oz. Monterey Jack cheese
4 oz. Longhorn cheese, grated
Simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
I use mostly Monterey Jack cheese and leave half to sprinkle in each bowl just before serving.

2 comments:

Taste of Champaign said...

I must attest to this one. I have had it on more than one occassion and find this soup highly enjoyable. It is different--one of the reasons it is so appealing.

Jessica said...

It was delish! Thank you for sharing!