Saturday, January 12, 2008

Italian Crockpot Chicken














4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (can be frozen)
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 packet of Good Seasons Zesty Italian dressing mix (found in salad dressing aisle)

Combine soup, cream cheese, and powdered dressing mix until smooth.
Pour over chicken.
Cook in crock pot on HIGH for 2-3 hours, or LOW for 5-6 hours.
Serve over rice


When combining the ingredients the mixture may seem thick... Don't worry this will change as the chicken cooks down.

This is a staple in our home! It is so easy and soooooo tasty! My kids love it too. ENJOY!

3 comments:

]\[-]{ said...

OK, I first thought my wife had posted this unbeknownst to me. I thought to myself, "hey, that lumpy-looking paste looks familiar (and delicious!)" We have the same recipe (acquired after a neighbor brought it as a post-baby dinner), and the same blue crock pot insert. This recipe is one of our favorites too.

We usually shred the chicken at some point before serving, and we use liquid salad dressing rather than mix, with good results.

erinmalia said...

i'm always really skeptical about chicken in a crockpot because it seems to dry out beyond recognition. but the sauce would keep that from happening here, correct?

Terri_B said...

If I have a really big fat piece of chicken, I will cut it lengthwise so that it isn't so thick. You can also cut the breasts in half so that they are smaller, and absorb some of the moisture. And yes the sauce def. helps.

It is such an easy recipe, it is worth a try... Come on Erin!!! I promise you will like it!

Let me know. Be honest.