Friday, July 13, 2007

A New Label - Tips

So I haven't posted any recipes lately because I've been busy trying all the new ones from the site. I seriously love this and am so glad so many people post all sorts of different recipes - it's great!

But I thought we could have another label of "tips." Random tips that anybody has for anything. So I'll go first:

Tip #1 - For a lot of my bakings that include chocolate (cookies, cakes, even icing) I like to substitute almond flavoring for vanilla. Of course some things this wouldn't work, but I really like the flavor of chocolate and almond. YUM.

Tip #2 - When making more than 1 loaf of bread, I keep one loaf out to eat in the next couple of days. If I have any more than that, I slice up the loaf/loaves and stick it in the freezer - that way it is ready to go for toast, sandwiches, etc., without having to get a whole loaf out. Also, I really like ot make mini-loaves for the kids. The slices are the perfect sizes for toast and sandwiches.

There ya go!

No comments: