Thursday, June 4, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies (with peanut butter)

2 cubes of butter 
2/3 cup peanut butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 t. baking soda 
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 t. vanilla
2 1/2 c. of flour
12-ounce bag milk chocolate chips

Mix the butter and peanut butter together.  Add the sugars and eggs; mix again.  Then add soda, powder, salt, and vanilla; mix again.  Then add flour and mix again.  Finally, add the chocolate chips; mix.
 
Bake at 375 for 8-10 min. (She watched them closely and took them out when the cookies start to crack, usually it's around nine minutes.)

Yield: When my sister did a half batch, she got four dozen.  When I did a half batch, I got three dozen.  Finally, a cookie I make that is normal-sized.

Note: I have not made these but did taste of their beauty last night.  They are the best chocolate chips cookies I've ever had.  And no, they don't taste like peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips.  They're more, "chocolate chip cookies with hint of peanut butter, and a smidgen of heaven."  Soooo good.  (When I make them tomorrow and find out how many they make, I'll edit this post with that information.)

4 comments:

emily said...

ohhhh, i soon as erin told me about them i was all for making them. these are really, really delicious. i think these will be the only chocolate chip cookies i make - i love the hint of PB in them. i did semi-sweet chocolate b/c that's what i got.

i halved the recipe and made about 4 dozen cookies.

]\[-]{ said...

Great idea! I'm making these tomorrow (even without knowing the recipe yield).

]\[-]{ said...

I made a full batch without eating any dough (I never do that, but this was for science) and the recipe yielded 7 dozen cookies.

emily said...

my kids wanted to have "m 'n m cookies" today and so i made this recipe, substituting m 'n ms for the chocolate chips. yummy!