Sunday, November 2, 2008

Lotoja Casserole

Every year when Preston rides 206 miles from Logan, Utah to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, he requests ONE thing. When he's done he wants LOTOJA casserole. And it's not the ONLY time we eat it, but I' sure for him it's when it tastes the VERY best.

3 chicken breast/boneless/skinless
1 lb. Monterey jack cheese (grated)
2 pk. frozen broccoli ( I use ONE, and it's plenty) (pre-cook)
1/2 pk. large wide egg noodles (pre-cook)
4 oz. can sliced mushrooms
1 pk. skewered almonds (1 cup)
2 cans Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can onion rings (this is my favorite part)
3 TBL butter
2 C water

Cook chicken in water and butter, slice into pieces when done, set aside. Add soup to broth from chicken, combine remaining ingredients wiht broth mixture, minus onions and cheese. Pre cook noodles, and broccoli. Layer noodles, broccoli, sauce, into baking dish. Top with cheese. Bake 350 for 30 minutes, last 10 minutes add onion rings to top.

This serves about 8 adults in my opinion, so I sometimes 1/2 it, OR freeze 1/2 so it's a "ready made" meal for another day!!! But you know leftovers aren't so bad either!!!!

3 comments:

Travis Fisher said...

Looks good! I'm going to have to try it but I'm not going to wait until next September. LOTOJA 2009 is too far away!
Travis

emily said...

i almost made my husband bike the 206 miles before he ate, but dang i'm too nice. we all enjoyed this meal - very tasty.

]\[-]{ said...

I made this with slivered almonds instead of skewered almonds and it turned out just fine.
Also I used fresh mushrooms because mushrooms out of a can make me want to die.