Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies



1 lb. package little smokies (or little polskas)
1 lb. package bacon
3/4 c. packed brown sugar

Cut the bacon into thirds. Wrap each little wienie with the bacon and secure with toothpick; place on baking sheet. Sprinkle the brown sugar generously over everything.

Bake at 325 for 40 minutes.

Notes: I did these using turkey bacon and (shocker) dear husband thinks they'd slightly better if I used real bacon, although he still ate more than I had planned. Maybe next time we'd only make half and freeze the rest. They were perfect for football-watching.

1 comment:

chucklas said...

They were great!! I think the reason I think they would be better with real bacon as opposed to turkey bacon is that they can bake in the bacon grease. Using turkey bacon does not allow for that because they are precooked and well, don't really have the grease to spread around.