Saturday, November 22, 2008

Apple Crumb Pie

This is one of my favorite pies, because it combines the goodness of apple pie with the yummy-ness of crumb topping! Enjoy!

APPLE CRUMB PIE:
Filling:
10-15 apples, peeled & cut into thin slices
2 Tbsp. flour
1/2 cup sugar (+)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon (+)
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Topping:
1 cube butter, chilled, but not too hard
1/3 cup heaping sugar
1/2 cup heaping flour
1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 pie crust
Put the pie crust in the bottom of pie dish. Load apple mixture on top - should be heaping. Make the crumb topping by cutting the butter into the sugars, flour and oats until crumbly, then sprinkle over top of apple pie. Wrap tin foil around edges of crust to keep from burning. Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour. This tastes fabulous served warm with some ice cream!

1 comment:

erinmalia said...

Yum yum yum. We brought this to Thanksgiving and it turned out great.

I must have had large apples because we needed only six.

I made the filling mixture and the topping mixture and kept both in the fridge until I was ready to bake the pie. (I did the topping in the food processor because I am horrible at cutting in butter. It is pretty fool-proof.)

Also, my pie started to get a little dark at about 45 minutes. So I put a piece of tinfoil on top to keep it from burning more.