Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Creamy Wild Rice Soup

3 T butter
3 T olive oil
1 med onion chopped
1 med carrot chopped
2 16 oz cans of chopped tomatoes
2 C broth
1/2 C wild rice (Zatarans (red box) works best)
salt and pepper to taste
pinch sugar
2 T fresh basil
4 C heavy cream

Heat butter and olive oil. Cook onions and carrot,Add everything else except cream. Simmer for 1 hour. Add more broth as needed, Remove from heat, add cream.


I had this the other night at a party, SO YUMMY. I can't wait to try it out myself, but now maybe one of you will try it FIRST. It was served with warm rolls, soup is a little heavy, you may want to add more broth and less cream, but I'm all about the cream!!!! :)

1 comment:

Niederfam said...

It is a BIT heavy, so I substituted 2 C broth for 2 C of the recommended cream, just FYI, and it turned out JUST fine. Quite tasty!!!