Thursday, March 13, 2008

All Bran Muffins

I am sure this recipe came off of a box of All Bran at one time, but it is never on the box when I buy the cereal nowadays. My kids LOVE these, and they are great if you are trying to add more fiber to your diet. I make the mix the night before and cook the muffins in the morning. They turn out great every time.
1 ¼ cups flour
½ cup sugar
1 T baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2 cups All Bran cereal (the sticks)
1 ¼ cups milk
1 egg
¼ cup vegetable oil

Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine cereal and milk. Let stand about 5 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and oil. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Pour into muffin tins. *I prefer not to use muffin papers for these because the muffin tends to really stick to the paper. I like to spray the muffin tin with non-stick spray and the muffins come out great. Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes.

1 comment:

emily said...

i LOVE these muffins - one of my favs. sometimes i'll do half oil and half applesauce and they still tatse wonderful. yummy stuff.