Friday, August 31, 2007

Really Easy Oreo Pie

1 half-gallon vanilla ice cream (low-fat works great)
1 package Oreos
1 pre-made Oreo crust (found in the baking aisle)

Take ice cream out of package and let soften on the counter in a big bowl (you probably want to stir it every so often). While you're waiting for the softening, begin crushing the Oreos. The beauty of this recipe is that you can crush them to whatever consistency you desire. Personally, I like them a little bigger, which is why I do the crushing myself, rather than buying a pre-made cookies and cream ice cream. I usually end up using about 30 cookies or so, but again, it's completely up to you. When the ice cream becomes soft and stir-able, add the Oreos. Put mixture into pie crust. (Note: I don't put entire thing in because it is just too much and the lid doesn't fit well. So I fill it till it looks good and then eat the rest right then.) Top with one Oreo. Freeze overnight.

4 comments:

Taste of Champaign said...

Erin! I was really excited to see this recipe came from you. I know you try to stick to healthy recipes, so I was afriad when you saw my monthly plan! Anyway, Evan will love this for FHE! Looks way yummy!

erinmalia said...

oh sweet linda, no need to apologize for what you eat! i was actually impressed of your "real" meals! and yes, i try to be healthy, but that's so that i can indulge on stuff like this! i'd rather have fatty desserts than fatty chicken main dish. make sense?!

Taste of Champaign said...

I am hearing you! We deprive ourselves of the treats. Perhaps I need to change some things. . .

erinmalia said...

do not do this with the peanut butter oreos. we didn't like the cookies much and they didn't add much to the pie. i do think nutter butters would be awesome though.