Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Shish-ka-bobs



3-4 chicken breasts, cut up in bite-sized chunks
vegetables sliced

Marinade:
1/2 c. soy sauce
3 T. honey
2 T. vinegar
2 T. oil
1/2 t. each of garlic and ginger
1 chopped green onion

This makes about 1 c. of marinade. I cut up my meat in the morning and marinade it with 3/4 c. of the marinade. (I use fresh garlic and ginger - I probably use more than 1/2 t. since it's fresh. I don't measure it.)
The last 1/4 c. of the marinade I save for the vegetables (our favs: bell pepper, onion, zucchini, and mushroom). I usually don't marinade the veggies much more than an hour or two - they don't really soak up much of the stuff - except for the mushrooms.

Skew them, grill them, eat them - I love to have a bite of chicken with a veggie. SO GOOD. I love this stuff. Definitely a season favorite for Ben and me. Miles even ate the chicken - now that's saying somethin'!

p.s. i really got this recipe from erin - so thank her. :)
p.p.s. from erin, i got this from someone else. if i ever meet her, i'll thank her. i added the pic from the foreman to show that it can be done that way. no need for an outdoor grill.

2 comments:

Meg said...

If you bring the grill, I'll provide the food!

emily said...

tempting, tempting. . .