Thursday, May 31, 2007

Chocolate-Peanut Butter Rice Krispies

so my 2 favorite treats are chocolate and rice krispies. so why not combine them? i went to some At Home America party (think Pampered Chef, but home decorating) last nite and we were all asked to bring something with chocolate. so ben and i made this up and really, really, really love them. YUM. i'm trying not to eat them all so ben can have some more when he comes home. . . so far i'm doing good. :)

anyways, the recipe (mainly so i don't forget it!):

7 cups Rice Krispies (i found out walmart's generic brand does work - yea!)
16 oz. bag of marshmellows
2 T. butter
6 T. cocoa powder
4 T. sugar
1/2 c. PB

Melt the butter and marshmellows in a large pot. When just about all melted, but with some lumps still there, add the cocoa, sugar, and PB. Melt all the way until smooth. Dump in the Rice Krispies and stir. Then eat from the bowl. Or if you are obligated to take it somewhere, spray a 9x13 with Pam and then dump it out - spray Pam on hands to spread evenly around.

2 comments:

Meg said...

These look yumm-o- and I'm in the mood for a comfort food. I know I have all the ingredients because I just organized my pantry. I didn't realize how much food I had until I started putting it away and I have no idea where I put it in my tiny little kitchen in Michigan. I have a kitchen 4x as big and still don't think I have enough space. Thanks for the recipe!!

Niederfam said...

YUMMY!!! I however KNOW that I don't have one ingredient, oh, actually two, no rice krispies, or cocoa, but they are on my list as of now.....YUMMY!